Search for collections on IAIN Metro Digital Repository

An Analysis on the Students’ Self-Esteem in Students Writing Skill Among the Eleventh Grade of SMAN 1 Kotagajah Central Lampung

Rosalina, Sonia (2021) An Analysis on the Students’ Self-Esteem in Students Writing Skill Among the Eleventh Grade of SMAN 1 Kotagajah Central Lampung. Undergraduate thesis, IAIN Metro.

[img] PDF
SKRIPSI SONIA ROSALINA - NPM. 1701070204 - Wisnu Guritno.pdf - Other

Download (5MB)


It has been explained that self-esteem is a personal judgment of worthiness of one’s self. Self-esteem has been seen as an affective element within the individual. Furthermore, writing has been accepted as productive skills that need students’ high concentration and good mentality to convey the idea into written form. The objectives of this research were (1) to know the students’ self-esteem (2) to analyze the factors influencing students’ self-esteem (3) to know the students’ writing output.

This research followed qualitative research design that used to describe the students’ self-esteem in the writing performance. This research was conducted at SMAN 1 Kotagajah in the 2020/2021 academic year. Twenty-two students in the eleventh grade were taken as subjects by using purposive sampling. The data were obtained by observation, questionnaire, and documentation. Inductive logic moreover used by researcher for collecting, reading, grouping, selecting, and interpreting the data.

The result of this research showed that in domain self-esteem 73% of students ever felt that they did not have skill could be proud of, and the other 27% optimist that they have skill could be proud of. In line with the state self-esteem, 68% of students agreed, 18% of students disagreed, and 14% of students’ answer could be that friends influenced their feeling in writing performance. Furthermore, domain specific self-esteem 82% of students found writing difficult because of feeling insecurity, while 18% of students found writing easy because they were confident about the output of their writing. Hence, there were factors that affected students’ self-esteem that were divided into internal and external factors. Moreover, the students’ writing output noted that the use of to be, articles, and pronouns should be considered.

Keywords: Descriptive Text, Self-esteem, Writing Performance

Item Type: Thesis (Undergraduate)
Subjects: Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Divisions: Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Ilmu Kependidikan > Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Siti Ma'ani IAIN Metro
Date Deposited: 04 Oct 2021 07:53
Last Modified: 04 Oct 2021 07:53

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item